Professional Indemnity Insurance protects you and your business against any claims by dissatisfied clients.
You may need professional indemnity insurance, otherwise known as also known as PI insurance or indemnity insurance, if you:
- Provide a professional service and clients can challenge your work
- Regularly give advice to your clients
- Handle data belonging to a client or business
- Have responsibility for a clients intellectual property
As a professional you owe a legal duty of care to your clients. If a client alleges that you have breached that duty of care by providing a negligent service you will need to defend any actions arising from those allegations.
Professional Indemnity Insurance from Legal Ex Plus covers the cost of defending any allegations or claims made against you, giving you peace of mind in the knowledge that your business will not have any fees to pay out of your own pocket.
If the claim is found in your clients favour, the insurance will either pay compensation on your behalf or pay to correct any mistakes made.
Legal Ex Plus Insurance
A Professional Indemnity policy with Legal Ex Plus will also protect you against claims resulting from:
- Loss of documents or data
- Infringement of intellectual property rights
- Dishonesty of employees, partners or directors
- Negligent misstatement or misrepresentation
Professional Indemnity Insurance is appropriate for the following (non exhaustive) list of Professionals:
- Accident and Claims Management Companies (CMC’s)
- Consulting Engineers
- Design and Construction
- Environmental Consultants
- IT and Computer Consultants
Why Legal Ex Plus?
Our team have vast experience in the field of business insurance and risk assessment and by applying our in-depth knowledge of professional services we are able to design innovative insurance programmes for each of our clients